The admissions process is started by a referral from a local authority. If the school feel we can meet the needs of the pupil then their family or carers and pupil would visit the school. The local authority then fund the school place.
Most pupils would have an Education Health and Care plan or be in the process of getting one.
All admissions and referrals are subject to:
- Availability of space
- EHC Plan or Statement of special educational needs
- Support of the local education authority or making the referral
- Active support and participation from the parent or carer
- A belief that we can help the young person and that they themselves wish to attend the school.
- Referrals are usually initiated by the Education Department or the Social Services Department of the Local Authority seeking a placement. Parents are welcome to visit before papers are submitted.
For a pupil to be considered the Senior Leadership Team need to receive the following documentation:
- The EHC Plan or Statement of Special Educational Needs
- Recent Educational Psychologist reports
- Current levels of educational attainment (SATS, standardised tests)
- Most recent education report
- Social history of the young person, including family composition and ethnic data
- Any relevant Social Services involvement
- Medical conditions and the need for any specific input
- Details and description of any relevant behaviour patterns